On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM, VenusT <teresap.ye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am also a newbie.
>
> When I tried the first example in Eclipse
> http://camel.apache.org/running-camel-standalone-and-have-it-keep-running.html
>
> I am getting an error with the logger:
>         at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getContext(LogManager.java:187)
>         at
> org.apache.log4j.LogManager$PrivateManager.getContext(LogManager.java:57)
>         at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.java:34)
>         at MainExample.<init>(MainExample.java:14)
>         at MainExample.main(MainExample.java:18)
>

> I have all the jar files added to the classpath. What am I missing here?

Whoa getting a NPE in log4j. That is not seen often. Can you double
check the JARs on your classpath.
Make sure slf4j are the same version etc.

And maybe post the names of the JARs here. And do you got a
log4j.properties file to setup log4j?
And if so maybe post that also.

And the examples in the Camel distribution all uses log4j so you can
compare with them.