Hi,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel]
<ml-node+s465427n5721208...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Robert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am wondering why use of RouteBuilder is not allowed in a RouteContext when
> > using XML.[..]
> >
> > <camel:routeContext id="fooRouteContext">
> >     <camel:routeBuilder ref="fooRouteBuilder"/>
> > </camel:routeContext>
> >

> Just to be sure its the above snippet that doesn't validate, eg
> routeContext with an embedded <routeBuilder> ?

Yes. routeBuilder embedded in a routeContext does not validate.

> Its a bit unusual combination, as you can from <camelContext> just
> refer to the routeBuilder directly.
> The <routeContext> was intended for splitting up XML DSL into multiple
> files. And not as much for Java DSL.

Thanks for pointing this out. Just for your information: Splitting the
XML in multiple files is exactly our use case. We want our users be
able to edit some of the routes like configuration files. However,
some of these routes are rather complex. We want to hide this
complexity from our users using routebuilders, which just take the
user-relevant parameters and take care of the rest route
configuration.

Guess we will work around this by declaring in each XML file a
routeContext and let the routes communicate with the vm: component.

Thanks in any case. Without Camel we would have had to reinvent the
wheel painfully!

Best regards,
Robert