Hi again,

I fear that after upgrading to Camel 2.9.4 this problem still remains, at
least for me (I see that the issue was fixed for 2.9.2 and 2.10.0). I
couldnĀ“t test it with Camel 2.10.0 because of cxf incompatibilities.

I have been doing some tests in real and I have been able to "produce" 5000
threads living at the same time (and never dying), one per endpoint that the
consumerTemplate tried to consume. At first I thought that the threads could
have something to do with the LRUCache that the DefaultConsumerTemplate has,
but since its maximun size is 1000 by default and I had about 5000 threads I
discarded that option and I'm looking for other solution (without success
for the moment).

As a reminder of this forum thread, my problem was that when consuming a
file (from a file/ftp endpoint) with the consumerTemplate, a thread remained
alive for each different endpoint that was consumed.

I'm using JBoss running in a Windows machine, and the JConsole to see the
threads that are alive.

If anyone could help or tell me what I can try, or what would be the next
step to keep on looking for the solution would be great.

Thanks in advance.

  Aida.