Hi All,

We have a route to get a set of files being processed together, that are
prepared by different processes asynchronously. In order to flag the start,
we will put a doneFile to flag all the files are ready to be processed.

However, once a while we found some of the files are left there while others
are processed. Further research indicates that the time when the directory
polling and the doneFile arrival caused this problem. Basically, the
pollDirectory method in FileConsumer loops through the list of files in the
directory, checking if doneFile is specified and exists to decide if a file
is valid for processiong. If the doneFile comes in the middle of the
looping, then the files already looped off the list will be left unprocessed
and the rest are processed correctly.

We're using camel 2.10.0 and already looked into the options for the file
component, but could not find anything that could serve our purpose.

Trying to customize the FileConsumer class to return true with an empty list
if the directory does not contain the doneFile yet before looping the other
files seems solving our problem route. However, we wonder if anyone out
there could share their successful experience or a solution to this problem
or point out if we are using the component correctly.

We appreciate any info, hints or help.