Hello,

I am writing a custom component which is similar to the crypto component. I
want to create a component which uses the PKCS7 or CMS Signed Data or
Enveloped Data for signing and encryption. For this I looked at the
existing crypto component. There the URI scheme

crypto:sign:name[?options]

is used.

I found in the code of the crypto component that the name part of the URI
is actually not used at all. Why was the name part introduced in the crypto
URI? Was it only for logging purposes, in order to identify the correct
endpoint if two endpoints in the same camel context would have otherwize
the same URI?

Regards Franz