Thanks for the quick reply Claus.

For those who run into the same issue, this was the change I made to the
route:
<from uri="q:queue:queue/hc/response?selector=correlatorId%3D'{{g.id}}'" />

And more importantly, I had to comment out my spring
<context:property-placeholder /> and implement this:

So I replaced this:
        <context:property-placeholder location="/WEB-INF/g.properties" />

with this:

        <bean id="bridgePropertyPlaceholder"
class="org.apache.camel.spring.spi.BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
                <property name="location" value="/WEB-INF/g.properties"/>
        </bean>

All is well at the Camel farm.