Why no using a consumer template [1]?
For the transformation, I would use a custom type converter [2].

Than you could do something like:
YourCustomBean bean =
receiveBodyNoWait("file://...?fileName=foo.txt&noop=true",
YourCustomBean.class);

or if you need to access the exchange:
Exchange exchange = receiveNoWait("file://...?fileName=foo.txt&noop=true");
if (exchange != null) {
    YourCustomBean bean = exchange.getIn().getBody(YourCustomBean.class);
}

Isn't it simple?

[1] camel.apache.org/polling-consumer.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/type-converter.html

Best,
Christian