It is not safe to look up the proxy setting from the system property.
I think current camel-http components support to lookup the setting from the
camel context properties, and you can bridge the camel context properties with
the system properties.

Back to you question, I don't think current http component provides this kind
of feature yet.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.