Hi Raul,

Thanks for your helpful suggestion.  I'm having an issue though that I can't
seem to figure out and wondering if you have any ideas.

Trying your suggestion I've set up the DataFormat as:
ObjectMapper objectMapper = new ObjectMapper();
objectMapper.disable(SerializationConfig.Feature.WRITE_DATES_AS_TIMESTAMPS);
JacksonDataFormat jackson = new JacksonDataFormat(objectMapper, null);

And applied it to the marshaller as:

from("activemq:queue:incomingRecords")
.routeId("record_processor")
.marshal(jackson)
.to("mongodb:mongoConn?database=usage&collection=lteusage&operation=insert")
.end();

But I'm getting the following exception that does not occur when I remove
the marshaller and just let mongodb component do the marshalling.

Hoping you might have some ideas as to what might be causing this.  My pojo
is very simple Strings, Integers and Date.

Caused by: org.apache.camel.NoTypeConversionAvailableException: No type
converter available to convert from type: java.lang.Byte to the required
type: com.mongodb.DBObject with value 110

        at
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.BaseTypeConverterRegistry.mandatoryConvertTo(BaseTypeConverterRegistry.java:169)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.converter.BaseTypeConverterRegistry.mandatoryConvertTo(BaseTypeConverterRegistry.java:142)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.MongoDbProducer.attemptConvertToList(MongoDbProducer.java:419)
        ... 49 more
2013-02-14 09:51:56,531 WARN  ~ Conversion has fallen back to generic Object
-> DBObject, but unable to convert type
org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsMessage. Returning null.

org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.CamelMongoDbException: MongoDB operation
= insert, Assuming List variant of MongoDB insert operation, but List
contains non-DBObject items
org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.CamelMongoDbException: MongoDB operation
= insert, Assuming List variant of MongoDB insert operation, but List
contains non-DBObject items
        at
org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.MongoDbProducer.attemptConvertToList(MongoDbProducer.java:422)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.MongoDbProducer.doInsert(MongoDbProducer.java:239)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.MongoDbProducer.invokeOperation(MongoDbProducer.java:102)
        at
org.apache.camel.component.mongodb.MongoDbProducer.process(MongoDbProducer.java:70)