Could you have a look at [1]. May be it will help. This is a working
example...

However, you should be able to simplify your route:
from("cxf:cxfEndpoint?wsdlURL=foo&dataFormat=POJO")
    .process(myProcessor)
    .to("bean:myBean");

Is your object "example.ExampleResponse" generated by the CXF maven plugin?
May it's not the right object? Check your generated ObjectFactory class.
May there is a second createExampleResponse() method which takes an
JaxbElement?
If not, can you share your code?

[1] https://github.com/muellerc/apachecon-na-2013/tree/master/cxf-component

Best,