On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM, gilboy <josephoto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Assume I have the following route:
>
> *from(quartz..).to(...)*
>
> Now, assume I want to call this route out of the quartz schedule. I was
> hoping to be able to use the producertemplate. However, it looks like the
> quartz endpoint does not have a producer.
>
> Is there any other way I can invoke the above route in an ad-hoc type manner
> out of schedule

You can have a direct route you always can call from a producer template

from quartz
   to direct foo

from direct foo

Though we have in the past debated whether to introduce a new route
endpoint, so you can send a message to any route by its id, eg

 from quartz   routeId("myCoolRoute")

And then you can do

template.sendBody("route:myCoolRoute", "Something here")

Though that is not possible. And hence the direct route would work.