On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM, mdo <manfred.doh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>> The file component has move and moveFailed options where you can
>> specify the directories to move the file.
>
> Sorry, I think I missed to describe a detail. The route should be more like
> this:
>
> 1. from: file:///incoming/?moveFailed=B
> 2. somehow filter/process the unmarshalled data for validation
> 3. to some destination A, maybe a remote FTP site or a local directory
>
> A file that failed to validate should be moved into a failed-directory on
> the source side. My question is how can I use the original file
> content/in-message in my to()?

You can store it on a property on the exchange and access that at any time

from("file:....")
.setProperty("OriginalFile", simple("${body"})

// and then you can transform the message to the original message,
later when needed
.setBody(property("OriginalFile"))

Though in the Camel API there is also a method to access the incoming
message with
http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/spi/UnitOfWork.html#getOriginalInMessage()