On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM, rouble <r.ou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Camel aficionados,
>
> I have a simple http proxy route in Camel 2.8:
>     from("servlet:///proxyWebService/api/?matchOnUriPrefix=true")
>     .process(preprocessor)
>
> .recepientlist("https4://realWebService:8443/api/?bridgeEndpoint=true&throwExceptionOnFailure=false")
>     .process(postprocessor)
>
> Now, if I enable stream caching with:
>             getContext().setStreamCaching(true);
> I notice that larger messages are not making it back to the client.
>
> If I disable spooling to disk with:
>             getContext().getProperties().put(CachedOutputStream.THRESHOLD,
> "0");
>
> The messages pass through fine. Is this a known issue?

Yeah could be since you are using an old Camel version.

You can try with the latest release to see if that works without
disabling that spool to disk.

Though the default threshold of 64KB may be low in todays servers. So
we should consider bumping that up.
And also Camel should IMHO log this threads-hold if its in use, so
people can notice it.

Let me log a JIRA

> tia,
> rouble