Hi Christian,

I was a bit confused by the documentation (does the direct-vm contain a
copy/paste error ? It basically says the same as on the vm page). Both
"support communication across CamelContext instances" but yet they differ ?
It's also not clear that both can be used for inter OSGI bundle
communication.

*VM*
VM supports communication across CamelContext instances - so you can use
this mechanism to communicate across web applications (provided that
camel-core.jar is on the system/boot classpath).

*Direct-VM*
This component differs from the Direct component in that Direct-VM supports
communication across CamelContext instances - so you can use this mechanism
to communicate across web applications (provided that camel-core.jar is on
the system/boot classpath).

I used the direct-vm and it does work accross bundles. However, in our case
we have 1 Camel route defined in a OSGI bundle (bootstrapped using spring
using an OSGI blueprint extender), while another Camel route is defined in a
WAR file (the osgi frameworks wraps the war file in an OSGI bundle).

I noticed that the route from the WAR file can not send messages using
direct-vm to a route in a bundle.
A route from a bundle can send a message to a route in another bundle.

So I guess I have 2 options :

1. Move the camel route from the WAR into an actual OSGI bundle, put
everything in the same EBA and use vm or direct-vm
2. Keep the 2 EBAs seperate (isolated) and integrate them using JMS.