Yeah I added allowStreaming=false explicitly to my endpoints now, but I
don't think they were running in streaming mode cause I was able to modify
the SOAP header
Anyways, the problem with the logging level mysteriously seems to be
solved, even when I remove the allowStreaming option again.

The weird problem with redeliveryDelay remains, under 5000 I receive
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
   <soap:Body>
      <soap:Fault>
         <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring><![CDATA[Response was of unexpected text/html
ContentType.  Incoming portion of HTML stream: <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <soapenv:Fault>
      <faultcode>Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>Missing operation for soapAction [] and body element
[null] with SOAP Version [SOAP 1.1]</faultstring>
    </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>]]></faultstring>
      </soap:Fault>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

when talking to a SOAPUI mock service which always returns the same SOAP
Fault.  From 5000 and above I just get the SOAPFault that is configured in
the soapui mock service, which is what I want.
Maybe something with SOAPUI and not with Camel? Although making the request
directly to the soapui mock from with soapui works when firing multiple
requests rapidly.