I'm not a quick fix expert, but I can tell you the difference between the
direct and seda component.
Direct component just provide the sync invocation, the seda can leverage the
Camel Async engine to execute the processes with multiple threads and it is
more effective.

Can you try to set the interval time a bit longer? In this way , I guess you
will get few message lost.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.