All endpoints are either FTP, JMS, WS or JDBC so it is well within what Camel
can do.  JCAPS models messages as Object Type Definitions (OTD) and these
are all XSDs or CSVs and so can be converted easily.

The JCAPS equivalent of a Camel route is a JCD class. Here's an example that
writes an incoming string to a file and a queue:

public class Collaboration_1
{
   public com.stc.codegen.logger.Logger logger;
   public com.stc.codegen.alerter.Alerter alerter;
   public com.stc.codegen.util.CollaborationContext collabContext;
   public com.stc.codegen.util.TypeConverter typeConverter;

   public void receive( com.stc.connector.appconn.file.FileTextMessage
input,
      com.stc.connector.appconn.file.FileApplication FileClient_1,
      com.stc.connectors.jms.JMS JMS_1,employees.EmployeesOTD Employees_1 )
      throws Throwable
   {
     com.stc.connectors.jms.Message msg = JMS_1.createTextMessage(
input.getText() );

     employees.EMPLOYEES emp = Employees_1.getEMPLOYEES();

     JMS_1.send( msg );

     FileClient_1.setText( input.getText() );

     FileClient_1.write();

I haven't yet been able to find an example of format conversion but assume
it uses XSLT or Java object mapping (anyone know?).

I was hoping someone might have been down this path before and would be
prepared to share their experiences.

Thanks