There is one additional thing you need. You have to call your route in some way.

There are two methods:
1. camelContext.createProducerTemplate().sendBody or similar
2. pojo messaging: http://camel.apache.org/pojo-messaging-example.html

Depending on your application it may make sense to use pojo messaging to separate your business code from the camel framework.

Christian