Camel Dudes,

We have detected a very strange issue in that our https routes degrade
in performance when an ip address is used (as opposed to a domain
name).

Turns out that the Java core libraries do reverse DNS lookup for ip
address when SSL connections are created. Read all about it here:

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1532033
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3193936/how-to-disable-javas-ssl-reverse-dns-lookup

This becomes an issue when the IP address is not configured in the DNS
server and the reverse DNS fails. In this case each connection has to
wait for a timeout of the reverse DNS request before it can proceed.
This makes domain name connections faster than ip address connections
- which is backwards.

Is this a known issue? There are a few workarounds/hacks recommended
on the interwebs, I was wondering if it would be possible to introduce
them into camel
(http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2959030&postcount=8).

tia,
rouble