In our project, we need to establish FTP connection through a SOCKS proxy.
Since Camel uses Apache Commons Net API underneath for FTP connections, I
tried looking into how Commons Net API supports this. Till last year, the
only way to achieve this was to set Java's System Properties as explained
here:

http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

But according to Java docs
(http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/properties.html):
"If socksProxyHost is specified then all TCP sockets will use the SOCKS
proxy server to establish a connection or accept one."

The following patch seems to address this problem by using the Proxy class
in Java 6
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/proxies.html

Patch to apache commons net:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-468

So is there a way in Camel to achieve this?
The FTP component link:
http://camel.apache.org/ftp.html and the book: "Camel In Action" don't
indicate that this feature is available in Camel yet.

Can you please advice on this?

Thanks,
Ninad.