On 18 July 2013 20:51, Chris Wolf <cwolf.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>

>>> This didn't work - the first problem was an incompletely declared
>>> WEB-INF/web.xml root element, which I fixed,
>>
>> What change did you make? Any chance of a pull request or at least a
>> gist of the latest version? :)
>>

> It was very minor.  I think it it fails because JBoss-6 is configured
> to perform schema validation
> of web.xml, so I changed the declaration of the root element from:
>

> <web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";>
>

> to:
>
> <web-app version="2.5"
>                        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
>                   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
>
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";>
>
> I don't think you need version 2.5, but I just had another web.xml I
> copy/pasted from, with the
> schemaLocation for 2.5.

Ah thanks! I've added the XSD to all the web.xml files in the hawtio
project; I kept it at 2.4 for now since I figured this would mean we'd
work in more web containers
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/commit/872bda892cc9aa5ec13f95d87bb9d61cf259e0f9

let me know if we need to change this to 2.5 though. Thanks again for
the heads up

--
James
-------