Claus,

I just figured it out a few minutes ago and was about to answer :)
... I confirm my correlation expression was wrong. A night of routing lead
me to the solution.

What confused me what that without a filter, it worked well : because all
bodies where the same (ie a default xml content with no data).
I did it as you suggest, and it works fine now:

.setHeader(CATEGORY_FOR_FILE,someSmartCategory)

.aggregate(header(EXCHANGE_CATEGORY_FOR_FILE),new AggregationStrategy() {
                                                         public Exchange
aggregate(Exchange oldExchange, Exchange newExchange) {
                                                                if
(oldExchange == null) {
                                                                    return
newExchange;
                                                                }

                                                                String
oldBody = oldExchange.getIn().getBody(String.class);
                                                                String
newBody = newExchange.getIn().getBody(String.class);

oldExchange.getIn().setBody(oldBody + "+" + newBody);
                                                                return
oldExchange;
                                                    }
                                                })
                        .completionSize(10) // completed only when I work
directly on "direct:files"
                        .convertBodyTo(byte[].class, "UTF-8")

Thanks a lot for having a look and finding the solution, and also for the
suggestions. I once had access to that book, and It helped a lot at start.
So I agree I should consider adding it to my library!