Hi,

if I understand correctly, you want to modify the multicast processor and add another branch to it
rather than adding another route to the camel context.

I had (a very brief) look at the MulticastProcessor. You can find the Javadoc at [1]

[1] http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/index.html

As far as I can see, there is no way to manipulate the Processor after it has been created. Personally I would be reluctant to modify routes once they have been created. I prefer
shutting them down in order and recreate them.

In other words you would end up in Java DSL land and some kind of RouteFactory that'd create routes. You need to keep track of the route created and can implement some recreation logic in a listener to whatever events trigger the change to the list of recipients.

If the change occurs to frequently, I think you should reconsider as you don't want to shutdown and recreate your routes all the time. If you have events that need distribution to an unknown set of recipients, perhaps a JMS Topic would more serve the purpose ?

Perhaps you want to implement your own processor that allows dynamic registration
of endpoints to dispatch to ?

Just my 2ct
Andreas