Hi,
We use camel in a standalone app which responds to a user request by sending
some messages via JMS. To aid with troubleshooting/support, we also save these
messages to disk using the 'file:' endpoint.

Unfortunately, since there are many tens of thousands of smallish (5-10KiB)
messages per user request, the folders are quite unwieldy to deal with. e.g.
transferring the saved messages from a network share is particularly slow
compared to transferring a single larger file.

We tried aggregating all such messages for a user request and creating a zip
archive on completion; however this has the drawback that nothing is logged if
the process crashes or is forcibly terminated partway through a request.

Is there a camel-y solution to this problem? At the moment we are thinking of
writing the messages into a single file via a tar stream, and possibly
subsequently a gzip stream. My understanding is that, unlike .zip, both .tar
and .gz support streaming (i.e. can tolerate partially complete archives),
although I'm not an expert. I was wondering how the community has solved this
problem?

Thanks,
Barış