I did it by adding the following processor but the problem persists.

.process(new Processor() {
                    public void process(Exchange exchange) {
                        Message in = exchange.getIn();
                        in.setBody("Dummy Body");
                    }
                })

I found that it works when I downgrade from 2.12.1 to 2.10.3. There is a
small detail at the bottom of the exception trace:
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:org.apache.camel.util.ObjectHelper.notNull(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/String;)V"

I read about this issue in the following post:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/camel-2-11-release-with-activemq-camel-5-8-td5733244.html