Well, I want to thank everyone for their hard work in helping me. I am
posting here because I found a solution to the problem of creating a Camel
project using Maven.

I have to admit, I pretty much lost an entire day around something that
should have taken only a few minutes to achieve. Even then, the problem of
creating a Camel project with eclipse is yet to be solved.

Still,  HERE
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19734476/how-to-create-a-camel-project-using-maven/19735141?noredirect=1>

is the solution that I used.

After running the suggested command, I then did the usual "mvn clean
compile" and "mvn clean install". After that I did "mvn eclipse:eclipse",
imported the project to eclipse and voilá, it was running.

If any of you good souls is still interested, I also took the liberty of
creating a question in stackoverflow to ask why Eclipse is not able to see
camel archetypes -  HERE
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19735767/create-camel-project-with-eclipse/19735899?noredirect=1>

.

Thanks for everything, I will surely be bugging you very soon :D
Pedro Martins