Hi

first of all, I would say that your formula Camel + ActiveMQ is almost right.

What you might be missing is your runtime, where you deploy Camel to. This
might be the point why people have guided you towards Fuse, JBoss, Talend, etc.

Fuse, Talend, etc. provide additional tooling to implement your routes e.g. via
graphical editors which might easy some of the steps you described.

Using Camel and ActiveMQ you can apply

a) The JMS component as client implementation that provides a certain
abstraction layer and you might switch your underlying JMS provider at some
stage (http://camel.apache.org/jms.html)
b) The ActiveMQ component that ties you to the usage of ActiveMQ
(http://camel.apache.org/activemq.html)

If you need a working example, I recommend looking at the test cases might be a
good entry point to get started with that topic.

Hope that the given information did help a little.

- Christoph