I've been missing for some time...

Yeah, I've read the documentation and tried some workarounds with no luck.
The goal is as follows:
1. We have some DB Stored Procedure (GetMessage);
2. The proc works similar to JMS: it listens for for the incoming messages
for some time and returns the message or null, if the queue is empty;
3. My goal is to read next message in the queue (using this proc) and
process it;
4. The way I see it: I have to use some kind of timer (with very small
dispatch time, like 0 or 1 ms);
The timer triggers JDBC endpoint, which executes stored procedure to get

The problem is: I can't use multiple threads to execute the proc, except for
using two (or more) different routes (the only way I've found these parallel
executions to be absolutely independent). But, with different routes, I'm
unable to control total number of threads in configuration (have to rebuild
application to change number of threads).