We're running camel 2.11 and AMQ 5.8 on glassfish & red hat OS.

We have a route which reads in somewhat large files (20 mb) and has to split
them up. The current route reads the file in from SFTP to AMQ, then splits
the file up sending each message to a JMS queue.

The problem is, that the domain sometimes locks up. No out of memory errors
or exceptions, it just stops working. The process is alive, but nothing is
going on.

It seems to be memory related, as local tests show that it is using > 1gb of
heap prior to committing the messages.

Should it really be using that much memory? Is there a pattern for
transactionally splitting up large messages?

Thanks!