Hi,

On 11/12/13 15:26, Dominik Amon wrote:
Hi,

I currently stumbled upon an issue when using camel cxfrs component. Where I
only get response code 204 - No Content when the route has a <doTry> block.

I am using Camel 2.12.2 and Blueprint.

The route is like:

<route id="myRoute">
     <from uri="cxfrs://bean://serviceBean"/>
     <doTry>
         <to uri="direct-vm:test"/>
         <to uri="log:test?showAll=true"/>
         <doFinally>
             <to uri="log:finally?showAll=true"/>
         </doFinally>
     </doTry>
</route>

I had a look in the DefaultCxfRsBinding.java where the method
populateCxfRsResponseFromExchange(...) only uses exchange.getOut().getBody()
as return value.

Whereas in the DefaultCxfBinding.java the response is either retrieved from
the IN or the OUT.

I have created a patch for DefaultCxfRsBinding that fetches the body in the
same way as DefaultCxfBinding does. Now it seems to work.

So my question is this intended that the DefaultCxfRsBinding only calls
exchange.getOut().getBody() or should it be also like in the
DefaultCxfBinding?
Can you explain please how retrieving an IN body helps in the case of 204 ? What happens without applying a patch ?

Thanks, Sergey

Regards
Dominik Amon

DefaultCxfRsBinding.patch