A couple of additional notes:

Camel SJMS does have an issue identified with the aggregator and JMS
transactions.  SJMS is currently closing the transaction, batch included,
as the messages pass through the route.  It doesn't recognize the fact that
an aggregator is participating in the route which is effectively holding
copies of the messages.  This gap can cause a loss of messages should there
be a failure in the aggregator if the batch number has been met.  I am
going to be looking at this over the break and hopefully come up with a
solution.

I will be spending my down time over the holidays taking a look at this
issue to see if it can be be solved before the introduction of JTA to the
Camel project.

Best Regards,
Scott ES

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:00 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use transacted acknowledge mode with the camel-jms component.
>
> Just set transacted=true, and setup the TX stuff.
> http://camel.apache.org/jms
> http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html
>
> Mind that camel-jms only supports one message at a time, eg consume
> one message in a TX.
>
> The other camel-sjms has some support for batch consuming, but this
> component is not as hardened as the camel-jms one.
>

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Sri <sri.tec...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am consuming message from a topic and wanted send it to SOLR server as
> > batch for a commit as committing on SOLR is expensive operation. How
> ever I
> > wanted to keep the message on the topic till the commit operation
> completes
> > successfully. I want to send successful acknowledgement in that case
> > otherwise no acknowledgement.
> >
> > I am using aggregator for batching the messages how ever I couldn't get
> any
> > hold acknowledgement. Aggregator sends successful acknowledgement as
> soon as
> > it reads from the topic.
> >
> > I do not want to loose any messages if by any chance SOLR doesn't commit
> > successfully.
> >
> > Your help will be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sri
> >

> > --

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: cib...@redhat.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
> Make your Camel applications look hawt, try: http://hawt.io

Scott England-Sullivan
Apache Camel Committer
Principal Consultant / Sr. Architect | Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Web:     fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com> |
redhat.com<http://www.redhat.com>
Blog:     sully6768.blogspot.com