Hi,
I'm extending the GenericFileConsumer and setting the Poll Strategy to
RemoteFilePollingConsumerPollStrategy. At the moment if there is an error
when the pollDirectory method is called the polling is executed again, and
again, and again,...

[WARN] RemoteFilePollingConsumerPollStrategy : Trying to recover by
disconnecting from remote server forcing a re-connect at next poll:
smb://domain\server...
[WARN] RemoteFilePollingConsumerPollStrategy : Consumer
Consumer[smb://domain\server...] caused by: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at MyConsumer.pollDirectory(MyConsumer.java:31)
at
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileConsumer.poll(GenericFileConsumer.java:81)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.ScheduledPollConsumer.doRun(ScheduledPollConsumer.java:133)
at
org.apache.camel.impl.ScheduledPollConsumer.run(ScheduledPollConsumer.java:88)
What I want to happen is to just retry a set number of times and then give
up. I can implement my own logic on the MyConsumer class in the
pollDirectory method, but I was wondering if there is a nicer (i.e. standard
Camel) way to handle this.

For example I was thinking to throw a GenericFileOperationFailedException,
but then I don't know if the GenericFileConsumer does anything with it.
Any idea?