On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 6:14 AM, bijoy <bijoy.chaudh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understood that using servlet component we can deploy services onto any
> servlet container.
>
> But I want to use camel to handle tomcat instance just like it does for
> jetty using camel:jetty component. Using camel I want to start/stop tomcat
> and also want to get logs/statuses from tomcat. I guess with camel:bean
> component we can start/stop tomcat service through some scripts but how to
> get statuses of tomcat routed back to camel. Actually I want to use camel as
> controller layer to control all transactions/tasks.
>
> Is it somehow easily achievable?

There was a person building a custom Camel component years ago that
could deploy/undeploy to Tomcat from a Camel route. I guess expanding
on this component or building your own would be possible.

Though Tomcat allows control using JMX so that may be easier. There is
a JMX component in Camel. But you can also just use plain JMX.

For example this is how we do it in hawtio to make an UI for
controlling Tomcat apps. (we have a REST facade over JMX with the
awesome library called jolokia) which makes it much easier to do web
apps or use JMX as its just REST

http://jolokia.org/
http://hawt.io/plugins/tomcat/