I am trying to learn Camel, and so I making an article that explain Camel's
basic notions that a newbie has to know to understand Camel.

For this purpose, I am reading the book Camel in Action, where the authors
define the following main concepts:

- Messages
- Exchanges
- --------
- Processors?
- Routes?
- -------
- Components
- Endpoints
- Producers
- Consumers

*Clear notions:*

Now after reading the book I have a clear notion that a Message is an object
with a body, a header and some options, and that an Exchange is an object
that contains two Messages (an In message and an Out Message) along with
some extra information as well.

*Not so clear, probably wrong notions:*

I have the feeling the Processors are nodes that change the content of
Exchanges. I believe that I cannot send a Message object to another endpoint
using Camel, I can only use an Exchange with the InOnly parameter set
(meaning it only has 1 message).

I also believe that a Route is the junction of a start Endpoint, several
processors, and an end Endpoint where the message is finally received.

*No idea whatsoever:*

As you can probably guess, I am super confused by components, endpoints,
producers and consumers. Like, all I understand is that components are
factories of endpoints and endpoints are factories of producers and
consumers, but I really do not understand how this is suppose to matter to
me nor do I understand how this reflects in code.

I have also visited this discussion:

- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8845186/what-exactly-is-apache-camel

But it did not help much, as I already learned all I could from it.

Can someone clarify my **not so clear notions** and help me understand the
rest of the concepts? I would be really grateful !