I have following route configuration...

*camel-config.xml*

   <cxf:rsServer id="restServer" address="/"
serviceClass="sample.ReratingServices2" loggingFeatureEnabled="true" />
  <camel:camelContext id="sampleContext" autoStartup="true"
streamCache="true" handleFault="true" >
        <camel:onException>
            <camel:exception>java.lang.Exception</camel:exception>

<camel:handled><camel:constant>true</camel:constant></camel:handled>
            <camel:process ref="faultProcessor"/>
        </camel:onException>

        <camel:route id="httpRequestHandler" startupOrder="1">
           <camel:from
uri="cxfrs://bean://restServer?bindingStyle=SimpleConsumer"/>
           <camel:process ref="updateSession"/>
           <camel:process ref="validateRequest"/>
       </camel:route>
 </camel:camelContext>

The problem here is - the exceptions being thrown by the processors are
being caught by onException but I'm not able to get the Exception object
using following code...
               exception =
exchange.getIn().getHeader(Exchange.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT,Exception.class);

I tried with *exception = exchange.getException(Exception.class);* setting
"handled" to false. That did not work too.

Any idea what could be causing the problem.

Also the exceptions being thrown by cxf component are not being caught by
onException. is there any possibility to catch them within onException.

Regards,
Bijoy