Hi Willem,

Thank you very much for your response.

I'm trying to upgrade my version of Camel to 2.13.0 in order to check if I
have the same problem in the last release, as you told me, but I found an
obstacle.

>From Apache Camel 2.12.0, the ManagementStrategyFactory (that initializes
the DefaultManagementAgent of the CamelContext) doesn´t initialize the
ManagementStrategy service.

Before 2.12.0 (line 37 aprox):

            try {
                answer = new ManagedManagementStrategy(context, new
DefaultManagementAgent(context));
                // must start it to ensure JMX works and can load needed
Spring JARs
                ServiceHelper.startService(answer);
                // prefer to have it at first strategy
                context.getLifecycleStrategies().add(0, new
DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy(context));
                log.info("JMX enabled.");
            } catch (Exception e) {

And from 2.12.0 (line 37 aprox):
                ..
                 try {
                answer = new ManagedManagementStrategy(context, new
DefaultManagementAgent(context));

                // must add management lifecycle strategy
                context.getLifecycleStrategies().add(0, new
DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy(context));

            } catch (Exception e) {

My problem is that I'm registering MBeans on my configureRoute() methods, in
order to register the ExecutorService(s) used in my RouteBuilders:

        @Override
        public void configureRoute() {
                //Threadpool executor with the default pool size
                ThreadPoolExecutorWrapper executeOperationsBatchExecutorService
= new
ThreadPoolExecutorWrapper(ROUTE_NAME);
                try {

getContext().getManagementStrategy().getManagementAgent().register(executeOperationsBatchExecutorService,
executeOperationsBatchExecutorService.getMBeanName());
                } catch (JMException e) {
                        throw new RuntimeCamelException("It was impossible to
register the MBean
with name: " +
executeOperationsBatchExecutorService.getMBeanName().getCanonicalName(), e);

As from 2.12.0 the service is not started, in the DefaultManagementAgent,
the MBeanServer is null, so a NullpointerException is thrown (and I cannot
test my issue with Apache Camel 2.13.0).

I have tried with the configurations described in [1] (configuring a
jmxAgent with Spring) to see if this way the initialization happened before
but with no luck.

For JUnit tests (where a nullpointerException is also launched) if i set
useJmx() returning true and I force the initialization of the agent like
this:

context.getManagementStrategy().getManagementAgent().start();

It works fine, but I'm not able to solve it in a "real" environment.

Any help with this would be really appreciated, so I can test this scenary
with the last Camel version to see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks in advance,

KR,

  Aida.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/camel-jmx.html