Hi

My understanding is that the JMS connection factories were built for use in a
J2EE container and if you are using them outside of one, which sounds like you
are, then it must be wrapped in either Spring's CachingConnectionFactory or
ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory. Though I have read in places that if you're
purely consuming from JMS then it's not strictly needed, I haven't tested this
myself so don't know if it's true. However there is no harm wrapping it up
regardless.