From: Rick [mailto:rick0...@hotmail.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 1:48 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: New to Camel and also needing to come up to speed on Java again

Hi
It's been a number of years since I have coded in Java and find myself in a
position where Camel seems to be the answer to the replacement of a service we
have so I am looking for some guidance .

I have coded up some basic work following number of the great examples here on
the site but I have a block when it comes to deciding how to move to the next
section of my research .

The two problems I have are
1) take a file for a location on the network, open it using camel ( which I
have managed to do thanks to this site using jamb to unmarshal the XML ) and
then, using some predefined web services which I have in my project transmit
the contents to an SMS recipient defined in the file. What I am missing somehow
here is how i access the information in the unmarshalled XML object and
instantiate an object to do the sending.

2) create a route that listens on an email port and using the incoming message
transmit the content of the email via SMS. I have not started  on this one yet
as I figured I would cut my teeth on the other one first. Email is pop3 at the
omens but we use MS Exchange at the office and I wondered if anyone had any
experience of integrating this and could give some pointers / tips / hints.

I am using Netbeans 7.4 as that is the IDE I last used in anger when I coded
Java

Look forward to the responses but be gentle !

Rick