Hi,

ok, just for clarification what would be a good solution for this:
I've not mentioned that we need the content-transfer-encoding for the
attachments of the mail.

Some ideas from my side:
1. use a parameter like contentType, let's say content-transfer-encoding:
If this parameter is set ALL attachments will have this
content-transfer-encoding.
The problem I see here is that it's probably a bit misleading as the
contentType parameter affects the mailbody and content-transfer-encoding the
attachments. Maybe this issue could be solved by renaming the parameter to
something like "attachment-transfer-encoding"

2. when an attachment will be added to the exchange object the contentType
could be defined like this:

In the org.apache.camel.component.mail.MailBinding class then we extract the
content transfer encoding, for example:

Maybe we discuss the possible solutions before I start patching.

kind regards,
Christoph