I have routes in the java DSL that grab messages from a queue and do things,
which works fine if I instantiate the class with the route in it, and it
runs it once.

What I need is a way to run routes in my appserver (Wildfly in this case),
which just sit & pick up messages from a queue from(JMS:queue:ROUTINGQUEUE),
but not just once, need it to "listen" for this all the time, picking up
messages & processing them as they come in.

I have looked into the Quartz & polling variants but it still doesn't seem
like it would do the trick, am I missing something here?  Seems like it is a
pretty simple requirement.

I even set up a ServletContextListener to "pre"-instantiate the route class
upon loading up the context, which it did, but then it just runs once and
you're done.  Need it to keep looking at that queue for messages as they
come in all day long.  Or to that end, even just somehow constantly
create/destroy the routing class all day long but that seems wasteful?

I'm a newbie but I have done a lot of homework today to try to get this
figured out.  Want to avoid having to put the message and instantiate the
route object via some other message.