That is what official Red Hat Fuse ESB Enterprise documentations says:
"When trying to decide between the blueprint and Spring dependency injection
frameworks, bear in mind that blueprint offers one major advantage over
Spring: when new dependencies are introduced in blueprint through XML schema
namespaces, blueprint has the capability to resolve these dependencies
automatically at run time. By contrast, when packaging your project as an
OSGi bundle, Spring requires you to add new dependencies explicitly to the
maven-bundle-plugin configuration."
(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Fuse_ESB_Enterprise/7.0/html/Getting_Started/ch01s04s02.html).

As for the fuse/karaf, I might be wrong. But looking at the examples, it
seems that Fabric uses Karaf behind the scenes. I might be wrong about it.
So, please, double check.