On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM, user3152723
<unto.valko...@fifthelement.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply! Camel is just great framework and your book is "a
> must" resource for Camel user (says ex Mule user).
>
> Still I'd like to insist to hear your opinion: when do we not need to use
> blueprint osgi? It seems to me that if you use current version of Fuse, you
> can't but use osgi (and blueprint with that).

Yes JBoss Fuse 6.1 is Karaf containers only. So that means OSGi
deployments. Though you can deploy WAR files too (but they may not all
work as they still run in OSGi and not everything works with OSGi).

All that is changing with Fabric8 1.1 and Fuse 6.2 where you can
manage and provision many more containers.

> OK. Karaf is new kind of server which takes its learnging effort and it is
> worth it. (I know about your RedHat backround :).

Yeah the Karaf container has great functionality for devops guys, eg
web and cli shell / plugins can be installed / you can script it /
jaas / security  / logging and much more. Makes a container like
Tomcat pale in comparison. Unfortunately I would love to use a plain
dumb Tomcat WAR classloader in Karaf and not have all the OSGi
complexity for my deployments and developments.