I have the following in my camel context:

<onException>
  <exception>org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault</exception>
  <handled>true</handled>
  <to uri="a bean that sets the body to a new string, i.e.
exchange.getIn().setBody(something, String.class)" />
  <to uri="file:/..." />
</onException>

It does not matter what I set in the body (the something above), the file
would be empty.  I noticed that the body type is still CxfPayload after I
did the setBody(something, String.class).  However, if I add a convertBodyTo
String before the bean is called, then everything would work fine:

<onException>
  <exception>org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault</exception>
  <handled>true</handled>
  *<convertBodyTo type="String" />*
  <to uri="a bean that sets the body to String, i.e.
exchange.getIn().setBody(something, String.class)" />
  <to uri="file:/..." />
</onException>

Should setBody(something, String.class) set the body to String?

Thanks in advance for any insight.