I have a simple route for doing file normalization tasks. I have a working
version that goes something like:

myRoute extends RouteBuilder(){
configure(){
from("direct:normalize").process().to("file:filePath?fileName=theFileName");
}}

I have a class that has a CamelContext variable. The implementation looks
just like what I found in the documentation:

CamelContext context = new DefaultCamelContext();
context.addRoutes(new myRoute());
File myFile = new File("filepath");

context.start();
context.createProducerTemplate("direct:normalize",myFile)

Whenever I replace direct:normalize with a file URI, nothing happens. The
console tells me that the route has begun consuming from the file endpoint,
but then immediately disconnects without running the route. For example, my
configure method looks like:

from(file URI).process().to(file URI)

and my context class looks like

//initialize context to default
context.addRoutes(new myRoute);
context.start();

Have I used the file URI's correctly? Here is an example of one:
from(file:/home/usrName/Documents?fileName=theFileName.txt&fileExist=Append