Hi,

Have you overrided the method as described in the doc of apache camel (
http://camel.apache.org/properties.html) ?

@Override
protected Properties useOverridePropertiesWithPropertiesComponent() {
    Properties extra = new Properties();
    extra.put("destination", "mock:extra");
    extra.put("greeting", "Bye");
    return extra;