On 12/12/14 06:57, Taariq Levack wrote:
> Hi Mike
>
> 2.14.0 camel-activemq is using the 5.10 ActiveMQ client.
>
> The doc you linked to earlier shows the dependency on camel-syslog, with
> maven you just include camel-syslog as a dependency and the data format is
> defined in there, along with it's dependencies.
> If you're not using maven, you need to check which dependencies to include.
>
> Try the archetype[1] to generate the ActiveMQ project and then add the
> camel-syslog dependency to the pom as well, and replace the sample camel
> context with your own and it should work.

I recently sponsored the LogAnalyzer package in Debian/Ubuntu and I
personally use it with a MongoDB backend.  If you are feeding your Camel
Syslog data into a similar platform for analysis I'd be interested in
any feedback you have.  I wrote a brief blog about how to make it work
just using the packages:

http://danielpocock.com/loganalyzer-rsyslog-mongodb-wheezy-backports