Thanks for the help claus :) I read through the Javadocs and understood that
start method is non blocking. If i have to use in a standalone application i
have to use main function provided by camel.

http://camel.apache.org/running-camel-standalone-and-have-it-keep-running.html

I inturn used the ProducerTemplate to keep the camelContext in running state
with following code.

@UseAdviceWith
public class AMSTest extends CamelSpringTestSupport{

        @Override
        protected AbstractApplicationContext createApplicationContext() {
                return new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
                                "ams-context.xml");
        }

    @Override
    public boolean isUseAdviceWith() {
        return true;
    }

        @Test
        public void testLAMS() throws Exception
        {

context.getRouteDefinition("compare-request").adviceWith(context, new
AdviceWithRouteBuilder() {
                @Override

                replaceFromWith("direct:start");
                }
            });

                context.start();
                template.sendBody("direct:start",String.class);

I bumped in to another issue from my actual code i had

*
replaceFromWith("file:/home/manish/cameldata/Compare?fileName=STARTCOMPARE");
*

if i want to use the same replace statement from my original code i.e.

*
replaceFromWith("file:/home/manish/cameldata/Compare?fileName=STARTCOMPARE&doneFileName=LOADGSMPRICING");
*

I am unable to use the ProducerTemplate for the same

InputStream f = getClass().getResourceAsStream("LOADTRIGGER");

template.sendBody("file:/home/manish/cameldata/Compare?fileName=STARTCOMPARE&doneFileName=LOADTRIGGER",file);

Can you please help me with this ?