Hi

It depends on what component you use with the rest-dsl. eg jetty /
restlet etc and what they support. Usually they support the body as a
InputStream type which they can use to transfer to their output
stream.

Not sure if any of them support the RS spec classes / annotations. But
it would be nice to add that to the rest-dsl so ppl can use those
apis/classes as well. Though it would require some work to map/binding
that to what they support. And it would also be great to have
camel-cxf supported as well as it support those RS
classes/annotations. But last time I looked CXF wasn't able (or it was
hard to do) to define REST services without writing java code.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Tim Dudgeon <tdudgeon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to stream output using the Rest DSL?
> Something like using the JAC-RS StreamingOutput class?
> http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/ws/rs/core/StreamingOutput.html
>
> I have large amount of data (split into multiple Exchanges) and don't want
> to wait for all to be processed before start sending the response.
>
> Tim

Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cib...@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus