thank you. Glad to know the config is good.

The polling consumer is what we intended.
camel 2.12/activemq 5.9 (we love the Hawtio), war file deployed onto EAP6.3

The original reason for this post is because the client will stall w/o
warnings. No polling activity. no warnings or errors. Sometimes the route
can be stopped/restarted (which we do with a separate route that uses the
controllbus) and sometimes we have to undeploy/deploy. I know, it sounds
like memory issues or too many threads, but the JVM stats show this is not
the case. We're still investigating.

So the warnings in the docs had me concerned. (maybe they should be removed
for us w/limited experience to camel and are basically rule followers)

Code snippet:
<from
uri="http://api.application.com/v1/pull?id={{stream}}&amp;api_key={{api_key}}&amp;username={{username}}"/>
<choice>
<when>
<simple>${header.CamelHttpResponseCode} == "200"</simple>
<convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"/>
<to uri="activemq:queue:preQ"/>

But why does the camel doc. say not to use HTTP as consumer to the route? I
understand Clause's suggestion of the Timer to manage the poll. But w/the
timer it is invoked whether the route is complete or not. In our situation,
we suppress this multi threaded behaviour.

Thanks

Rob