As far as I recall you can not use a cxfrs bean with a "from", one can delegate to it with a from:jetty, etc... I believe you need to drop a 'bean' part... AFAIK The bean component is useful if you need to invoke on a JAX-RS service implementation. You can do it in Camel 2.15.0 directly with a cxfrs consumer and a performInvocation option

Cheers, Sergey